As a long-standing partner of KIT in the field of facility management, HERMOS AG supplies a cross-campus control system for lecture halls, seminar buildings, laboratory buildings and medium-voltage facilities. FIS combines the plant visualization of new buildings and modernized existing buildings and successively replaces the proprietary existing control systems. In order to process messages from these systems in FIS, connections to the alarm interfaces of the corresponding systems were created.
To facilitate and accelerate the workflow, user-defined additional information such as instruction texts can be automatically attached to messages. Critical messages are forwarded by e-mail or SMS to various recipients, each of which can be assigned to shift and exception schedules.
- Vendor-independent building control system for the KIT premises
- Use of proprietary existing systems only rarely necessary (in case of error)
- Support of the control room by indicating the team to be notified
- Switching of facilities according to holiday and time schedules (convenience and cost savings)
- Property-wide shutdown of plants by central commands
- Export of consumption data via OPC to an external energy data collection tool
Bus systems: BACnet/IP
Manufacturer PLC and number: ~260 BACnet controls of SAIA, Beckhoff, Wago, Kieback&Peter und Sauter
Physical data points: 16500
Virtual data points: 16000
Features & Highlights
The system environment is divided into a productive and a test system. Archiving of data points, data access and data provision via OPC are carried out on separate FIS servers. Messages can be imported from external systems. Messages available in FIS can be forwarded to a downstream ticket system. An external room reservation system enables the air conditioning of lecture halls and seminar rooms.