In connection with the new building for switchgear production, HERMOS implemented a new, modern energy concept. It supplies the property at the Mistelgau site with thermal and electrical energy. The HERMOS energy center also serves as a research project for technical and economic studies on energy efficiency and security of supply. Consumption information and future price developments on the energy market can be used to develop economically expedient and ecologically sustainable operating modes for the provision of thermal and electrical energy.
- High security of supply with electrical and thermal energy through photovoltaic system and power storage unit
- flexible and manufacturer-neutral automation solution
- optimized operation of different energy generation systems in the network
- Plant operation and monitoring as well as data evaluation are carried out exclusively via the management system FIS#.
- Energy center as research project shows practical relevance by real supply of a productive industrial and office property
- Analysis and evaluation reports are disclosed to customers and interested parties
Bus systems: EtherCAT, M-Bus, BECKHOFF
Features & Highlights
The heat pumps can be used to generate heat as well as cold. Heat and electricity are primarily used for self-consumption. A gas condensing boiler with liquid gas supply is used for thermal peak load coverage. With the energy center as a demonstration and research object, HERMOS makes a decisive contribution to the development of economically expedient strategies within the framework of the use of regenerative energies.